Thursday, August 20, 2009

Here and Now

After procrastinating for a while, I've finally decided to begin blogging. Rather than conversing with myself, I figured it's more useful to pen down my thoughts. So here and now is when I start.

I was wondering what kind of topics/themes I should blog about: my professional background which is in communication; my recent interest in cooking; my love for travelling or my adjustment to my relatively new life in my new home. After some considerable amount of time arguing for and against every topic that sprung in my head, I came to the conclusion that I'll just blog. Period. About anything and everything. Because if I didn't start now, I'd have to satisfy my desire to be the perfectionist self and put pressure on myself to come up with the most unique idea. For today, that's not the route I am willing to take, and thank God for that!

A newbie to blogging, I was thinking of the title for my blog. At first, I used my 'official' name Munsia. But then I thought that Munsia is not the whole of me. My nickname Miti is what my family and some friends know me by. And I am strongly attached to both the names. Each name for me brings different memories and thoughts. Hence, the title.

Choosing the template of this blog was easier than choosing the title. It was the only choice I had in black! It's funny how I never realised how much I love black until a student pointed it out to me. The first day I returned to work at IUB, after completing my Masters from England, a student came up to me and said "Miss! You aren't wearing black! We were sure we'll see you in your favourite colour"! Now, I don't know if this was 'self-fulfilling prophecy imposed by others ' (if any of my students read this, I do remember what I taught you!), but I realized how much I love wearing black, and how I gravitate towards anything in the mall that is black; whether it's a fotua, sharee, jewelery or shoes. Just the other day, I was looking for a 'summer' dress, and my interest in colourful, bright dresses faded pretty quickly as soon as I saw a black and white one! Seriously, does almost everything look good in black or is it just me?

Anyways, I was thinking of writing a short post on my blog. Who am I kidding! Once I start writing, I can't stop; my teachers can attest to that! So here it goes. My first blog post. I believe it's one of the ways I can stay close to people I've left behind. It's definitely a way I can re-discover and understand more about my life; here and now, and the back then.

1 comment:

  1. YES!!!! i remember self-fulfilling prophecy..
    :D

    ReplyDelete